April 25th was World Malaria Day. Since 2006, ERD’s NetsforLife® program has been effectively reducing malaria contraction and deaths in sub-Saharan Africa. Here are the program results from 17 countries through the region from 2006-2015:
- Distributed 22,025,978 Long-Lasting Insecticidal Nets (LLINs).
- Reached 41,726,540 people with malaria education.
- Trained 111,000 volunteers and government health workers.
- Saved the lives of 112,235 children under 5.
- Influenced net distribution policy in five countries – Angola, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Zambia.
For more information on malaria prevention and ways you can help, go to: http://www.episcopalrelief. org/what-we-do/our-programs/ malaria
Jen Gulberg Smith