Youth and Family Ministries
Youth and Family Ministries at Holy Cross is a program designed to build community not only among our 6th – 12th grade youth but also our families and children. We seek to further our relationship with each other and with God. Currently this is done in two parts. First, youth are a vital part of this church and whereas it used to be said, “youth are the future”, we say, “youth are the church right now!” We will have events each month that will help us live the faith we learn in church not to forget the wonderful programming from our diocese, which reflects the same on a regional scale.
Second, our families and children's program. On a monthly basis we plan events to engage entire families. Help us to grow this program by inviting your friends with families to join us at each event. We look forward to serving your family by living the faith we have found at Holy Cross.
To provide a supportive foundation for our youth and families as they grow within our program to develop strength of character, compassionate hearts, and a richer faith as parishioners of our church community.
We envision Holy Cross being a creative environment in which all youth and families can explore the many aspects of Christianity and learn to walk in the light and love of Christ.
What we seek to accomplish:
- Augment the Christian education programs with meaningful events and creative activities.
- To be based upon the values of relational ministries.
- To value and cherish the contributions of our youth.
- To encourage youth and families to participate in local, regional and national church events.
- To guide youth to identify talents and abilities that can be contributions to their community.
- To prepare youth for a lifelong walk with Christ.
- To support weekly programming for youth.